Chief Exploration Geologist
Duties:- Coordinate regional geological and structural interpretation with an eye to application for or relinquishing of exploration permits. Generation with mine team and consultants of conceptual exploration programs under cover;
- Conduct annual infill drill campaign design – includes model interrogation, 3D drill pattern design, string file reporting and budget estimation; Close liaison with Chief Resource Geologist to ensure optimal drill targeting in line with LOM strategy and taking specific data density shortfall into consideration to ensure continuous Resource and Reserve growth;
- Responsible for management and logistics of all CAPEX drilling and mapping/sampling programs, including drill contractor matters (GC drilling not his/her responsibility – advisory role for GC programs);
- Update and maintain Exploration/Infill drilling procedures and QA/QC systems as per industry best practice protocols;
- Manage and maintain good housekeeping at Taparko core yard facility;
- Coordinate and conduct in-pit field mapping, regional mapping and geological data collection on a continuous basis as more mining areas are exposed – responsible for collating this data to ultimately incorporate into the Geological model;
- Liaise with database administration staff to ensure all returning drill results are updated into the Geological database – update significant intercept spreadsheet and generate cross-sections for these intercepts for reporting purposes;
- Responsible for monthly report on infill/exploration progress, as well as presentation material for Quarterly reports; Train and develop local staff in field practices to ensure continuous coverage during off rotations.
Requirements:- Advanced knowledge of Near Mine/Brownfields, as well as Greenfields Exploration practices, with a focus on both regional and district scale project generation, project management and geological field techniques;
- Experience in 3D Geological software, such as Surpac and Leapfrog Geo is required for Resource model interrogation and infill drill planning; Good understanding of database management and database QA/QC systems, e.g. DataShed, QAQCR and MS Access is a plus;
- Good understanding of geological modeling with proven field experience in pit/field mapping and structural interpretation is required for optimal drill program design and geological model updates;
BSc (Bachelors) in Geology – Honors and/or MSc is a plus;
- 10 to 15 years of mining and exploration Geology, with a strong background in Orogenic Gold deposits and similar mineralization systems in an Open Pit environment;
- Underground experience will be an advantage.
Conditions:- Location: Burkina Faso, Centre-Nord region, Bam province, 100 km north of Ouagadougou;
- Working schedule: 6 weeks on - 3 weeks off rotational basis;
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme;
- Medical and life insurance, in and out flights within the rotation schedule, accommodation and meals at the mine site.
For more information, interested persons can contact: