Planning and Scheduling
- Accountable for implementation of mine maintenance Planning controls, programs, systems and processes. Includes: Implement of NG Asset Management system, CMMS, Maintenance Strategies and system through operational readiness and beyond.
- Assist the Asset group in analysis and development of Open-Pit and Underground Equipment life strategies and Equipment component strategies.
- Ensure Planning team process enter all backlogs into CMMS with Parts list for repairs. Generate periodic report to validate Backlogs generated and execution is completed and closed in the system.
- Support Planning team to organise and submit PM schedules, prepare Backlog report with total downtime and labour requirements for weekly planning meeting.
- Control and monitor PM Schedules for all Heavy, Light and Auxiliary equipment
- Oversee and control Planning system to provide availability of spares and special tool requirements for Jobs related to all PM Services and major component change outs
- Monitor inventory levels with Warehouse Department to ensure stock levels accommodate usage requirements and reduce unnecessary or excessive stock levels
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance schedules are adhered to and measured as a KPI in weekly and monthly reports
- Coordinate and liaise with the other functional groups to achieve Asset Management Group KPI’s.
- Ensure Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual Management Report are produced.
- Ensure Weekly critical spares ordering report is updated.
- Ensure Technical issues identified are reported to the Maintenance Director
- Ensure all site damage reports have pictures taken for reporting
- Evaluate and continue to improve suite of reports when possible for Project Equipment performance including but not limited to standard KPI’s of Avail, MTBF, MTBF after PMS, PM Service Accuracy, Downtime delays, Accident damage downtime etc
- Ensure component failures are subject to a root cause analysis with a standard F.A.R and this information is recorded in a machine history file/database
HR, Health and Safety
- Feedback subordinate concerns and performance accurately to Maintenance Director
- Ensure company safety procedures and safe working practices are strictly followed, with aim of reducing lost time incidents
- Ensure that areas of responsibility are maintained to a high standard of housekeeping
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and assist where required in rectifying safety related issues
- Assist the Maintenance Planners to minimize exposure to Maintenance personnel and the environment by identifying hazards and risks during the planning phase of the work packages
- Implement and support all safety procedures, rules and regulations in accordance with the Company Safety Management Plan
- Support Project Maintenance Director to ensure attitudes, decisions and work practices of all Superintendent and Supervisory personnel meet or exceed the principles of the Project’s Safety and Health Policy, Safety Management Plan, Environmental Management Plan and Safety Procedures.
- Support Project Maintenance Director in providing a proactive approach to all safety and environmental related issues
- Participate in safety audits as and when required
- Participate in incident investigations and review incident reports and recommended remedial actions when required
- Ensure all accident events and costs are recorded correctly in ERP system
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Continuous Improvement culture to develop and set up the Maintenance planning and Equipment health department to maintain consistent Equipment reliability, Availability targets as set by the Project Maintenance Director. Provide leadership role for continuous improvement and encourage input from workgroups.
- Proactive team approach to work across interdepartmental issues for the project
- Working as Parts Planner with Expeditors, control and manage day to day activities of maintenance
- Ensure a strong link is kept between Maintenance and Warehouse and other planning activities;
- Work with SAP.
- Maintain and control OEM softwares to the latest version
- Implement new systems as supplied or needed to maintain planning, control, reporting and efficiency requirements