In 2023, Nordgold plans to commence an underground gold mine development at its operating Lefa mine in Guinea.
We are committed to constructing a best-in-class underground mine Lero-Karta, utilizing our strong track record of operational, financial and ESG delivery in West Africa, as well as our underground technical and operations skills-pool
We are pleased to announce start of collection of preliminary application for future vacancies. We’ll start active recruitment in Q1 2023, but you can send your application immediately to be included in our talent pool. We are carefully collecting all the CVs, and will contact candidates as soon as recruitment starts. Don’t lose your chance to build your career in first time ever in Guinea best class underground mine site!
- Training of the national Guinean operators as directed by UG training section.
- Conduct pre starts on equipment prior to operation.
- Initiate and participate in equipment handovers with Underground Mine Supervisor and cross shift operator.
- Follow and interpret mine plan instructions, profiles designs and ground support patterns to achieve good quality development in a timely manner.
- Safe, efficient and productive operation of an underground loader.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be innovative in selecting, using and improving the correct procedure, process or technique to solve problems, execute tasks and safely operate the loader.
- Bogging and transporting material to underground trucks or designated areas as directed by your Underground Shift Supervisor each shift.
- Mixing cement rock fill (CRF) for back filling of stopes.
- Operate equipment to Best Practice to minimize damage on equipment.
- Aid other mining operators as and when required.
- Coach new and/or inexperienced operators.
- Conclude shift with a hose down with cleaning and refueling of equipment and appropriate cleaning of CRF and other debris on the machine.
- Maintain roads and sumps as required.
- Report significant changes in the ground conditions and use of consumables.
- Conduct manual scaling techniques as required.
- Share knowledge and/or experiences with crew and/or management.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Correct reporting through pre-approved plods on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Comply with local labor laws and regulations.