In 2023, Nordgold plans to commence an underground gold mine development at its operating Lefa mine in Guinea.
We are committed to constructing a best-in-class underground mine Lero-Karta, utilizing our strong track record of operational, financial and ESG delivery in West Africa, as well as our underground technical and operations skills-pool
We are pleased to announce start of collection of preliminary application for future vacancies. We’ll start active recruitment in Q1 2023, but you can send your application immediately to be included in our talent pool. We are carefully collecting all the CVs, and will contact candidates as soon as recruitment starts. Don’t lose your chance to build your career in first time ever in Guinea best class underground mine site!
- Training of the national Guinean operators as directed by the UG training section.
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with relevant Mines Safety regulations within the country.
- Accurately drill several drive drill patterns using a mechanized electric/Hydraulic Jumbo drill suitable to ground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements.
- Read and accurately follow mining instruction plan with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers as required.
- Optimize drill patterns to ensure maximum advance per round is achieved whilst maintaining strict adherence to design specifications with minimal overbreak.
- Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties including ensuring electrical installations and services are clear of the drilling area.
- Conduct pre starts on equipment prior to operation.
- Initiate and participate in equipment handovers with Underground Mine Supervisor and cross shift operator.
- Safe, efficient and productive operation of an underground development drill rig.
- Operate equipment to Best Practice to minimize damage on the equipment.
- Aid other mining operators as and when required.
- Coach new and/or inexperienced operators.
- Conclude shift with a hose down with cleaning and refueling of equipment and appropriate cleaning of debris on the machine.
- Share knowledge and/or experiences with crew and/or management.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Correct reporting through pre-approved plods on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Comply with local labor laws and regulations.