In 2023, Nordgold plans to commence an underground gold mine development at its operating Lefa mine in Guinea.
We are committed to constructing a best-in-class underground mine Lero-Karta, utilizing our strong track record of operational, financial and ESG delivery in West Africa, as well as our underground technical and operations skills-pool
We are pleased to announce start of collection of preliminary application for future vacancies. We’ll start active recruitment in Q1 2023, but you can send your application immediately to be included in our talent pool. We are carefully collecting all the CVs, and will contact candidates as soon as recruitment starts. Don’t lose your chance to build your career in first time ever in Guinea best class underground mine site!
- Providing drill and blast engineering design, including blast hole pattern, charging and initiation design.
- Control and implement the development of drilling and blasting plans.
- Champion the introduction and implementation of new innovations to improve drilling and blasting performance.
- Audits of drilling and blasting processes in accordance with standard operating procedures and plans.
- Carry out regular and routine underground Inspections with peers.
- Participate in routine departmental safety audits of blasting operations at the mine sites.
- Champion the continuous improvement strategy aimed at improving the skills of drillers and charge crew.
- Control, record and prepare requests for the supply of explosive materials.
- Monitor stocks and participate in monthly stock removals from the explosive magazine/depot.
- Control compliance with the rules for the safe transportation of explosive materials.
- Analyze the quality and properties of explosive materials.
- Monitor the maintenance of blasting instruments and devices, as well as instrumentation and conduct timely certification and calibration of this equipment.
- Carry out root cause analysis (RCA) of misfires and other deviations from best practice with the timely adoption of appropriate remedial measures/techniques to avoid recurrence.
- Leading H&S and environmental compliance and participating in incident investigations involving explosive usage.
- Exercise control over the provision of rock tools and explosive accessories.
- Responsible for annual budgeting related to drilling and blasting including monitoring of its implementation. Keep records of blasting service costs within the approved budget.
- Draw up the established reporting structure with regards to drill and blast KPI’s.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of measures to improve the drilling and blasting activities.
- Oversee the fulfillment of the conditions of licenses related to the handling of blasting materials.
- Managing and enhancing vendor relationships (contractors, consultants, suppliers).