Plant Maintenance Superintendent
19 September 2022
- Lead, Plan, organize and control the development of the fixed mechanical equipment for the entire mine site.
- Oversee the development of the 5 year and 12-month integrated schedules.
- Interaction with procurement and Process operations.
- Provide support and training of National planners to upgrade their skills.
- Integrate all EAM functionality into the planning of weekly, monthly, yearly and long-term plans.
- Supervise and develop the planning team to insure efficiency of maintenance tasks.
- Insure Work Order life cycle from Work Request to Work order completion (Validation, Estimation, Work Pack, Scheduling, Execution, Completion, Data entries, Closing).
- Coordinate planning activities required for both corrective and predictive maintenance tasks.
- Insure major and minor planned work within his area is coordinated with other support groups as required.
- Oversee capital project activities with his area.
- Follow WO cost and propose corrective actions.
- Insure continuous training of his team regarding EAM and planning best practices.
- Review/define turnaround and shutdown scopes for both scheduled and unexpected turnarounds in liaison with other groups.
- For fixed plant, gather and integrate all shutdown activities, related to operational shutdown plans which will be utilized to generate plans, schedules and critical paths.
- Develop budgets for scheduled work and planned overhauls and implement forecasting in EAM as a budgeting and forecasting tool for monthly and annual planning.
- Using the planned maintenance forecast, assist planners to ensure that all required spares, material and service contracts are corresponding to support the planned maintenance annual plan.
- Coordinates all KPI reporting to various levels of management.
- Integrate “lessons learned” meetings after the major mobile equipment overhauls and fixed plant equipment shutdowns to ensure that proposed actions are addressed.
- Issue post reports for major equipment overhauls or fixed equipment shutdown ensuring all executed work orders are properly documented and finalized in the CMMS.
- SAP experience.
- Previous experience in planning, budgeting and estimations essential.
- Advanced level of competency in MS projects.
- Proficient in utilisation of interface links between CMMS and project scheduling tools.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience as Fixed Plant maintenance planner/scheduler.
- Experience in large open cut mining operations and mineral processing plants is preferable.
- Proven experience with computerised maintenance management systems (EAM or similar).
- Engineering Maintenance diploma in mechanical or electrical or solid applied technical background.
- Fluency in English is required, French considered an asset.
- Rotation schedule 42 days on site, 21 days offsite (including travels).
- Comfortable conditions on site.
- 15% annual bonus.