Senior Mobile Maintenance Supervisor (Drills)
- Coordinate all maintenance activities of the drills;
- Conduct performance evaluations, recommend promotions, and carry out disciplinary actions as needed;
- Investigate, analyze and supervise the documentation of accidents, injuries, and equipment damage and recommend prevention strategies as necessary;
- Work with mine and processing planning to schedule upcoming projects;
- Assist the Technical Services Department with determining specifications of the equipment;
- Coordinate with the mine and mill departments on production goals and priorities.
- Coordinate with planning and warehousing to ensure that all necessary parts, tools, and equipment are available to complete work assignments efficiently;
- Interface with various equipment manufacturers’ representatives;
- Monitor work areas on an ongoing basis to assure a safe and efficient operation;
- Report Processing: daily time cards, accident and injury reports, and disciplinary action reports;
- Control expenditures and lost production by minimizing equipment downtime through properly executed preventative maintenance and repairs;
- Answers queries and handles requests concerning health and safety, production, mechanical/electrical training and development, and supervisory skills;
- Works closely with the Maintenance Planners to schedule equipment repairs and replacement to maximize equipment utilization and minimize downtime;
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above;
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct;
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management;
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance;
- Works without risk or harm to self and others;
- Perform other related functions as assigned by superintendent;
- Mentor the national employees on current RCM best practices, as well as, assist in providing a safe operating environment for the mechanical maintenance crews.
- Electrical trade qualified or Degree or Diploma in electrical engineering;
- HV and LV qualified would be ideal;
- 5 Years in the mining industry with either OEM's or on mine site with hands on experience related to trade or tertiary qualification;
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management;
- Fluent English required.
Terms and Conditions:
- Work location - SMD LEFA (Lero, Guinea);
- 56 days on - 28 days off rotational basis;
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme.