Part of Lefa's senior management team – responsible for ongoing development of the mineral resource inventory and exploration assets
- Ensure that all geological work is carried out safely and take responsibility for the safety of the workers according to site specific Programs;
- Exploration and Tenement Management - Develop and implement an appropriate exploration strategy to ensure a pipeline of new projects/economic deposits are available and which would be fully delineated to enable them to be brought on-stream as part of the replacement of depleted resources;
- Resource and Reserve Extension – within proximity of existing open pit operations;
- Resource Estimation - including grade control and global resource modelling;
- Strategic Mine Planning - development of projects as outlined by Strategic LOM Plan;
- Operations Geology - including all aspects of production best practice, grade control drilling, geological modelling and model-mine-mill reconciliation.
- Continually mentor and develop the skills of local staff through a program of continual improvement including on the job training, external and internal courses and career path development programs;
- Contract Management – negotiate, compile and manage contracts for exploration drilling, consultants.
- Compile and manage the Geology departments Operations/Business plan – responsible for controlling all MRM operational and exploration budgets
- Compile and manage the MRM Strategic and LOM (Life of Mine) and Business plans.
- Assist with Corporate reporting, incl. Competent Persons Report “CPR”.
- Continuously drive innovation and improvement process in team and work stream
- BSc (Bachelors) in Geology – Honors and/or MSc a plus.
- 15 years of experience in mining geology and exploration, of which the majority in gold mining;
- Experienced in management of geology department with a thorough understandings of production geology as well as resource estimation, Greenfields and Brownfields exploration and near mine resource development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, as well as good technical skills related to aspects of Mineral Resources Management, Operational Geology and Exploration.
- Proven managerial and administrative skills for managing large operational units and projects, as well as ability to train and mentor personnel.
- Established track record for project execution and meeting deadlines safely.
- Strong leadership abilities – with a track record for leading teams in multi-cultural environments.
- Advanced knowledge of 3D modeling and Resource estimation software, e.g. Leapfrog, Datamine and Surpac (Geovia). Experience in Grade Control systems such as Ore Controller is a plus. Good understanding of database management and database QA/QC systems, e.g. DataShed, QAQCR and MS Access.
- Good understanding of geological modeling practices and proven field experience in mine geology best practice.
- Experience in infill and Grade Control drill program design and exploration management.
- SACNASP or AusIMM certification to be a Competent Person or Qualified Person under JORC, SAMREC or NI 43-101
- Experience in WA gold deposits will be highly advantageous