The holder of the position will be responsible for the management of all engineering functions related to the mobile maintenance of the entire wheeled equipment fleet on the mine site.
- Lead and manages mobile maintenance team responsible for executing maintenance plans.
- Executes operational maintenance activities based on equipment maintenance strategies.
- Oversees maintenance activities such as preventive maintenance, equipment repairs, maintenance tools, training and employee rotation.
- Direct supervision and QA/QC for maintenance tasks and backlog completion.
- Develops and implements best practices, processes, policies and systems within mobile maintenance that align with the organization’s goals maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Liaise with mine operations and other departments to ensure equipment downtimes are coordinated effectively in such a way to achieve the company’s production targets.
- Operating cost control and budget management.
- Sets priorities, performance targets and measures, monitors and manages the overall performance of direct supervising staff.
- Safety leadership in mobile maintenance activities: Conduct safety meetings, safety inspections and hazard recognition taking actions to prevent injuries or loss to production.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical engineer or equivalent experience/training;
- 10 years of technical experience in the open pit / mobile maintenance operations at the senior supervisor and senior planner level ;
- 10 years total Komatsu, CAT, Sandvik and Epiroc maintenance experience at a senior supervisor or higher level;
- 5 years experience in a similar role or higher level;
- Experience with the use of ERP/CMMS equipment maintenance functionality;
- Strong knowledge of maintenance planning and scheduling tools;
- Strong technical mechanical and electrical knowledge in Komatsu , CAT , Sandvik and Epiroc;
- Good understanding of Maintenance Management processes;
- Good understanding of KPIs and metrics;
- Knowledge of components failure analysis;
- Knowledge in predictive maintenance and condition monitoring;
- Good tire management knowledge and welding procedures experience;
- Previous experience in Africa or developing countries;
- Fluent English. French is an advantage.
- Work location - SMD LEFA (Lero, Guinea).
- 8 weeks on - 4 weeks off rotational basis.
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme.