As you know there is Nordgold web-site and FT tab in it. Next week we are planning to update it and make some changes on our web-site. Some of these changes – to show your photos and kind of interviews (answers to the questions, your stories, opinions, impressions) So, can you help me with this info? Please send me your answers to the questions:
1. Fast Track – what is it for you - The fast track program has been an opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and push myself to perform at the top of my game. Prior to accepting the position I had limited travel experience outside of Canada, and had never worked in a location outside of Canada or in a language outside of my native English. The program has been a career changing opportunity, if you step up to the plate and take control of your work and projects there’s no ceiling on how high you can progress or opportunities for development that will be offered to you. If you push to be exposed to new areas, take on additional duties and perform, there’s no limit to the development you can receive while in the program. I have now worked at three distinct process plants across two countries within the program.
2. What are your career expectations next 1-2-5 years – My career expectations are focused on continuing to build on the past 3-years of the fast track program, with my 1 year outlook taking over a Process Superintendent position at one of the west African business units, although I would jump at the opportunity to do a short rotation at Gross during winter to better understand heap leach operation during winter conditions, Gross is a high performing asset and I believe would be a great learning experience. My 2 year outlook is very much similar to the one year outlook, by year 2 out of the program I would like to be fully positioned in the superintendent position, continuing to expand my managerial experience and excelling in the position. The 5 year outlook i would like to be in the pipeline for a GD-1 position within the process department, with ongoing development from Nordgold to facilitate this transition.
3. How do your coaches and mentors take part in your projects. I have been lucky to have excellent mentors in Glenn Smith and Philip Engelbrecht, both have been very supportive from the start and have pushed me to grow and take on more and more responsibility. They have trusted me to run with projects myself while always being there to answer questions or provide support when needed. They put me in positions where I not only was responsible for large projects but also for operational oversight of Bouly.
4. How did you find out info about Fast Track program 3 years ago – At the time I applied to the fast track program I was working at a gold mine in norther Canada, I was looking at companies that had assets in Africa, both exploration construction and active operations as becoming an expat was always a longer term career goal of mine, and I wanted to understand the environment and opportunities better. I came across the Nordgold Fast Track program while looking through companies and felt that I matched the competencies quite well and that my fluency in French would greatly improve my chances for the position. I sent in a resume and 6 months of interviews later, I accepted a position with Nordgold at Bissa/Bouly as a Management Trainee within the process department
5. Your impressions in general (about program, company) - And one more favour – maybe you have some photos of yourselves in Gemba or just on-the-job in front of Laptop) Please give me your answers up to the end of the week. You can answer not only in English but your native language also. Can you? If there are any difficulties, let me know. Thank you