1. Fast Track – what is it for you The fast track is for me a program for young mining professional, to develop their leadership, their technical skills. This program, will contribute to provide a new generation of mining professional.
2. What are your career expectations next 1-2-5 years For the first year my expectation was to be able to learn and known how to use bsn tools. It’s still on going. However for the next year I expect to be completely integrate in mining not to be focus on one section but to be able to still continue to do what I already know and gain opportunity to learn strategical mine planning, to participate to mining budget,forcasting,mining business plan, cost calculation and evaluation. And for the next five year I expect to be mining manager in local or expat.
3. How do your coaches and mentors take part in your projects As we are now in the main function, I’m trying to set some project based on current practice in Bissa for improvement. I submit some of them to the functional coach and if agree he assist me by showing people I can contact and where I can find more information to progress. My mentor was not available this last time but now I hope he can be more available for the project. Bsn coach provide to me the tools of management, and we plan to set some training session.
4. How did you find out info about Fast Track program 3 years ago My friend who already did the program inform me about the Program.
5. Your impressions in general (about program, company) Fast track program is an very good opportunity for mining young professional improvement. However, more attention has to be pay in coaching. For me to be able to be a good manager in mining you have to get very good technical skills and each coach has to know exactly, what is the background of his trainee, before thinking how I can help him to growth. Nordgold is a good company, I like the mind there and I hope we will continue.